Bright colors are instant mood boosters. The vibrant colors of vegetables and fruits represent happiness which inspires to eat healthy and follow a heart healthy lifestyle. By eating colored foods and healthy recipes, this scorching summer, you can nourish body, mind and soul and prevent heart diseases with nature’s health benefits.
- Go Orangy, try Yellow to Boost your energy- Eat healthy and have lots of vitamin C. The bountiful nutrients help the heart, vision, digestion and the immune system. Orange colored foods turn down the risk of cancer and prevent – heart diseases. It is good for maintaining eyesight, helps your body fight cold and flu, and keeps the skin healthy.
Pineapple, Starfruit, Yellow peppers, Corn, Bananas, Carrots, Pumpkin, Orange, Grapefruit, Mango, Peaches, Apricots, Lemons, and Papaya.
- Red has the power to prevent heart diseases: Not only do red foods prevents heart disease, but also stop cancer from spreading. Red and bright pink color fruits and vegetables contain phytochemicals, such as lycopene and anthocyanins, which are potent antioxidants. They both control high blood pressure and protect against diabetes.
Red Foods: Red Onion, Tomato, Watermelon, Cranberries, Strawberries, Raspberries and Beets.
- Blues takes the blues away! Try blue and Purple food based healthy recipes to keep you healthy and Young. Purple food contains anthocyanins, which are health -promoting chemicals that help protect cells and heal your body. They play vital roles in promoting eye and prevent heart diseases, decreasing cancer cell proliferation. It helps your body fight diseases and promotes good health. Purple food also improves cell communication in the nervous system and prevents effects of aging.
Purple Foods: Purple grapes, Blackcurrants, Raisins, Eggplant, Blueberries, and plums & prunes.
- Go for Greens- The Dark Green fruits and vegetables lead to heart healthy lifestyles. The antioxidants present in green leafy vegetables are an excellent source of carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin, which help filter high energy light and help to maintain healthy vision. The Greens are a proficient source of Vitamin B; Green healthy recipes keep your bones strong as they are rich in calcium and help in lowering the cholesterol thereby prevent heart diseases.
Green foods: Spinach, Lettuce, collard greens, broccoli, cabbage, turnips, green peas, Green Apple, Lime, Mustard, Kale, and Kiwi.
- Go light with White- White food lowers cholesterol and prevents heart diseases. White foods reduce blood pressure and increase the body’s ability to fight infections. Eating vegetables from onion family speeds up recovery from cold, reduces the risk of heart attack and prevents, stomach and colon cancer.