Healthy eating does not include strict dietary limitations. Don’t deprive yourself of the foods you love. Instead, change the diet. It’s not as easy, but by using these simple tips, you can cut through the difficulties and learn them.
1. Simplify the food with habits- Think in terms of color, variety, and freshness. Instead of changing your entire diet overnight. Think about how you feel after eating. Think of smaller portions, use small plates, if you don’t feel satisfied in the end, round off the meal with a fresh fruit.
2. It’s about what you eat and how you eat- Healthy eating is also about how you think about food. Relate the nutrition facts rather than just eating anything in the meetings, way between the office or at home watching some movie. Try to eat with others whenever possible, it will evoke the social etiquettes, and you will eat slowly and nicely chewing each bite.
3. Take the time and savor each bite- Reconnect with the joy of eating. Eat slowly and listen to your body, sometimes it needs a glass of water instead of food. Eating in front of TV or computers often leads to mindless overeating.
4. Fill your plate with colorful fruits & vegetables- They are the foundation of a healthy diet. As they are low in calories and contains nutrients in abundance. In Short, they are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber.
5. Choose wisely from healthy carbohydrates and fiber sources- They protect against coronary heart disease, certain cancers, and diabetes. The healthy fat nourishes the brain, heart and cells as well as your hairs, nails, and skin. The foods rich in omega-3 fats can reduce the cardiovascular disease, improves your mood and prevent from dementia.
6. Calcium in the diet- Calcium is an essential ingredient, it is good for bones and keeps the teeth strong as you age, send messages through the nervous system and regulate the heart’s rhythm. Calcium adds a reliable source of calcium in your diet with the dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt.
7. Protein is a huge source of energy- It’s essential in building the blocks in the body for growth and energy, it maintains the cells, tissues and organs. Replace red meat with fish, chicken or plant-based proteins such as beans, nuts and soy.
8. Change your salt and sugar habits- Both are important to add taste to the diet, but with the energy they cause health and weight problems as well. Fruits are the best sweets, eat them instead of cakes and other sweets. Reduce the salt consumption in the diets, eating too much salt can cause high blood pressure and lead to other health problems.