1. Make it a family affair: Ask other smokers in your family to join you in quitting.
2. Make a bet: Bet one of your smoking friends that if one of you quits for a month, the other has to buy a steak dinner.
3. Pay a fine: Agree to quit smoking or pay a fine to a friend.
4. Wear a sign: Wear a sign that asks people not to sell or give you any cigarettes.
5. Announce you’re quitting on social media: Tell your friends and family of your plans to quit so that they can support-and pester you-about it.