A winter season delight, Spinach is rich in iron, calcium, Vit A,C,E,K,B2, B6, phosphorous, protein, folic acid,omega-3 fatty acids, and other antioxidants as well. So keep your little one warm and healthy this winter with a bowl of spinach soup
- Spinach leaves, cleaned and chopped – 1 cup
- ½ tsp refined oil
- Chopped Garlic- half a clove
- Jeera/Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- A pinch of Salt (optional)
- Plain drinking water – 2 cups
- Rinse the spinach leaves well in water.Chop them and keep aside.½ tsp refined oil
- Heat some refined vegetable oil in a saucepan. Jeera/Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Add jeera/cumin seeds and the chopped garlic it on a low flame. Plain drinking water – 2 cups
- Add the chopped spinach and pour two cups of water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir and season with salt.
- Switch off the fire and let the soup mixture cool.
Now blend with a hand blender or in a mixer till smooth.
- Keep the well blended spinach soup back on the stove for simmering for 2-3 minutes.