If your little one has made a dent on your couch, you are most likely dealing with an inactive, television- addicted child. The bad news is that if you don’t do something about it soon, the little one wont be so little anymore and that dent is just going to grow bigger. On that note, these are few of your options:
- Move the TV away from the couch.
- Have a formal seating arrangement in front of the TV, instead of a couch.
- Have a set TV hour. One hour for your child’s favorite cartoon. And maybe two hours on Sundays!
- Take your child to a bookstore. Buy him a few books that you know he’d enjoy.
- Encourage hobbies. You know your child better than anyone else, and you’d be the best judge of what could possibly interest him.
- Watch the news on TV, and get your child to watch with you. Educate him about current affairs and ask him for his opinion.
- No eating while watching TV!