This one is every parent’s worst nightmare. The Picky Eater is the one that throws away the food in the lunch box before returning home, flushes his glass of milk down the toilet and discretely offers the pet dog his dinner.
This leaves the parents feeling helpless and worried about the child’s lack of nutrition and healthy growth, and rightfully so. Maybe, you need to have a few tricks up your sleeve as well.
- Make sure your child has milk with Bournvita in front of you, in the morning and evening.
- Recognize the signs- mouldy sandwiches behind the bed, a suspiciously fat pet dog etc
- No one leaves the table till the picky eater is done eating.
- Needless to say, no dog in the dining room
- Get your child to start cooking, whatever he pleases. Picky eaters often grow up to be great chefs, thanks to their discernible palates.
- Ask him to plan the weekly menu.
- Get the class teacher to make sure your child eats his lunch.