There’s no doubt that office life can wear you down physically. Sitting all day long coupled with an unrestricted sugar intake increases your risk for heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity. Therefore, it is important to revive yourself occasionally with a few stretches and basic exercises. Here are the few exercises that can help you stay fit and beat the boredom during your working hours
- Flapping wings. Stretch both of your arms up and back, as far as you can. Bring them forward until they meet and stretch your arms out in front of you. Repeat.
- Bench Dips – Using your chair or sturdy table, place your hands on the edge of the object and bend your arms to slowly lower yourself about six inches lower than the seat. Raise yourself by straightening your arms. Repeat this three times a day for 10 repetitions.
- Toe raises. Lift your toes while keeping your heels firmly on the ground. While you can do this exercise standing, it works very well while seated.
- Legs – Squats – Stand in front of your chair and repeat sitting down and standing up 10 times three times a day.
- Assisted Push-up - In the office, lean up against your desk and push yourself away from the desk while in a leaning position. Repeat this three times a day for 10 repetitions.